Painful cramps and major discomfort with your period, a major bell ringer for Hormone Imbalance, is common but not NORMAL.
Feeling muscle soreness or awareness similar to that of muscles after an invigorating work out is normal for the uterus during menstruation as it is actually contracting and working to shed the endometrial lining in preparation for your next cycle. Cramps and debilitating pain mean something is wrong… And it’s 99% chance your hormones are not in balance.
Things to do to rebalance your hormones:
· clean up your diet, remove added sugars, junk or fast foods, reduce wheat and maybe even remove milk
· get active! I don’t mean you have to train for a marathon, but take a walk or do yoga or ride your bike. Something small EVERY DAY will start making a difference.
· talk to a herbalist or naturopathic doctor about whether there’s some natural supplements, like Vitex (available at @goodnnatural ) you can add into your new healthier life that will expedite the healing and balancing
· seek hormone regulating therapy (like REFLEXOLOGY) and be consistent in your treatment plan.
R E M E M B E R : The imbalance of one cycle can follow you for the next 3, healing takes time, give your new routines the precious time they need to start working.
Things to do for the period pain in the meantime:
· drink warm fluids, lots of them, particularly ginger based or Hawthorne or Rosehip
· go for a walk to improve circulation
· take natural tinctures of 50/50 Cramp Bark and Black Cohosh (in water) for the pain, it’s much safer than Ibuprofen and just as effective if taken properly (available at @hollow_reed_holistic )
#womenshealth #periodpain #hormonebalance #reflexology #certifiedreproductivereflexologist